Color Textures Fun!
The challenge, if you choose to participate, is to make a set of "color" themed textures and go wild with them. Since this is the first time I'm doing this, I thought we'd start with an easy theme (can you tell I plan to do more of this if it's successful?).
Here's how it goes:
- Pick a color. Make a set of at least 10 different textures with shades/tones of that color, but the more the merrier of course. You can make the textures in any way you want, as long as it's predominantly in the color you chose. Be creative and go nuts! BUT you must make them... don't just scan something then crop it and call it a texture. (Minimum texture size: 100x100 - you can go larger if you like)
- Once finished, upload your set, post them, and comment on this post with a link to your textures (include your journal's name, your color, and the amount of textures in your set).
- There will be no claims. Anyone is free to pick a color of their liking, and all skill levels are welcome as well... so for all those who don't usually make textures, now's your chance to give it a try! You can also participate in as many colors as you like, but each of your set must be different and not just a variation in color from each other.
- Challenge will end in 2 weeks on
Tuesday, July 3rdEXTENDED to Friday, July 6th at 11pm unless there's a need for an extension, in which case, I'll post about it. I will then put together a list of all the textures sorted by color for everyone to look at, enjoy, use, etc. I'm hoping it'll be a useful resource reference as well. :)
All comments will be screened by default first to keep the submissions under wraps until the "texture reveals" at the end.
EDIT 06/22/2007 - Submission Process: A few of you brought up some questions and good points on submission, so I thought I'd set up a more specific guideline for the submission process:
- Post the individual textures you made in your journal like you would a set of icons. You can also offer a link to your zipped pack if you like, but it'd be nice to have individual textures laid out for this challenge so everyone can browse and see what you did (which is the point) rather than having only the preview to look at.
- Reply to this post with a link to the post with said textures, along with your journal name and number of textures (and/or sets) you made for the challenge.
- I'll make a master list of links to all the submissions, sorted by color and likely with one or two samples of your textures to go along with it. This way, the post can serve as a showcase and also as a useful reference post for those wanting to look for textures in a specific color. Because of that, please make sure this particular post of yours isn't friends/members-locked.
To Note: Due to the nature of our challenge, please try to refrain from cross-posting your textures post until after the end of the challenge. It defeats the whole purpose of a "reveal" if your entry has already been seen by thousands of others in communities and such. Likewise, it'd be great if you could wait until the last 2 days of deadline to actually post your textures even if you've finished them earlier (in order to minimize exposure)... but that's just an idea. I don't want to make things more complicated by forcing submission dates on anyone (at least not for this challenge). Another idea is to "backdate" your entry first so that it's at least partially hidden, and then after the reveal, you can change the date so that it'll show up on your friends' list, etc.
Let me know if you guys still have any questions.
Please pimp this post far and wide! :D
ETA 07/07/07: Challenge is now over. Check out the awesome entries HERE!